Any SSA member interested in forming a new writing group can e-mail Barry Webb at Barrywebb3@hotmail.com with the following information: General location (i.e. East Side,West Side, Green Valley, Oro Valley, Mesa, North Phoenix, etc.), and contact information (i.e. a person and an email address). If desired, genre areas can also be specified.
- NORTH/CENTRAL GROUP SEEKS NEW MEMBERS: "The Writers' Table" is seeking experienced prose writers who are truly dedicated to the craft of creative writing. We meet in a north/north-central location, two afternoons a month, midweek. All genres welcome except YA, poetry, and memoir. This well-established dynamic group has been around for over four years. Among its members are published writers, an editor, and a former writing teacher. Each meeting is guaranteed to be a stimulating learning experience. We were organized using best-selling author Betty Webb's guidelines for a critique group. Contact Michaele Lockhart at firstname.lastname@example.org
- EAST SIDE GROUP LOOKING FOR EXPERIENCED WRITERS: The Sunset Writers group meets once a month on Mondays from 5:00 to 7:45 p.m. at a local east side library for mutual critiquing. Experienced writers only. All genres, fiction and non-fiction welcome. For more information please contact Nancy Andres at email@example.com
- NEW GROUP FORMING ON N.E. SIDE. Preferred genre: Memoirs. Place: TBA, but probably private homes. Time: Preferably noon, but open to suggestions. Contact: Steve Kraynak at 520-329-8242 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- CAMPBELL AVENUE WRITERS: Meets twice monthly on Wednesday evenings from 6:00 p.m. until ??? at the Casa Molina Restaurant on Campbell, south of Fort Lowell. This is a Children's lit, middle grade, and YA critique group. They are currently looking for one more member. Contact: Robert Hunton at email@example.com
- ECLECTiC WRITERS: Meets on the West side of Tucson, Mondays from 7 to 9p.m. at a private home near Grant and Silverbell. Open to all genres. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org, 520-797-6614 or SRIVASTAVA2@COX.NET, 520-468-5351
- GREEN VALLEY WRITERS FORUM: meets from 1:15 p.m.—to 3:15 p.m. on the first three Thursdays of each month at the Conrad Joyner (Green Valley Branch) Library. We are not a writing class. We provide a forum for manuscript critique to writers. Members of the GVWF strive to support current members in their efforts to craft fiction, non-fiction, memoirs, poetry, and screenplays through discussion, critique, and market tips. There are no dues or officers, only a Facilitator. We encourage new Members from all writing levels. A roster of names, phone numbers, and e-mail addresses is available to our members.
New members welcome. Contact: Bonnie Papenfuss at email@example.com or phone (520)-625-3764.
- North Scottsdale, Carefree, Cave Creek, Arizona writer's group forming. All genres welcome.
Contact: Marilyn Kennedy at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 602-339-1029
- Professional Writers of Prescott, meets the 4th Wednesday of each month beginning at 6:00 p.m. at the Founders Room of the Prescott Public Library, 215 E. Goodwin Street, Prescott, Arizona. Contact: Ms. Leslie Holt at email@example.com or (928) 445-4218, or visit their website at www.prescottwriters.com
- TOMBSTONE WRITERS: All genres welcome. Currently looking for new members in the Tombstone and Sierra Vista areas. Scheduling can be flexible. Contact: Karen Troncale at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (520)457-3767.
- THE HASSAYAMPA WRITERS' CLUB,is always looking for new members in all genres, beginners to published. Meets the Second Sunday of each month at 1:30 pm at the Wickenburg Art Club at 188 South Tegner Street in Wickenburg, Arizona 85332. For more information go to www.hassayampawriters.org, or contact Kaye Hucklerberry, President, at email@example.com (928)685-4596 or John W. Durham, Secretary, at (928)684-4510 or firstname.lastname@example.org