Any SSA member interested in forming a new writing group can e-mail Barry Webb at Barrywebb3@hotmail.com with the following information: General location (i.e. East Side,West Side, Green Valley, Oro Valley, Mesa, North Phoenix, etc.), and contact information (i.e. a person and an email address). If desired, genre areas can also be specified.
- NORTH/CENTRAL GROUP SEEKS NEW MEMBERS: "The Writers' Table" is seeking experienced prose writers who are truly dedicated to the craft of creative writing. We meet in a north/north-central location, two afternoons a month, midweek. All genres welcome except YA, poetry, and memoir. This well-established dynamic group has been around for over four years. Among its members are published writers, an editor, and a former writing teacher. Each meeting is guaranteed to be a stimulating learning experience. We were organized using best-selling author Betty Webb's guidelines for a critique group. Contact Michaele Lockhart at email@example.com
- EAST SIDE GROUP LOOKING FOR NEW WRITERS: The Sunset Writers group meets once a month on Mondays from 5:00 to 7:45 p.m. at a local east side library for mutual critiquing. Experienced writers only. All genres, fiction and non-fiction welcome. For more information please contact Nan Andres at firstname.lastname@example.org
- NEW GROUP FORMING ON NORTH SIDE. PREFER NON-FICTION. WILL MEET IN PRIVATE HOMES. TIME TBA. FOR INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT: MIKE KUHR at email@example.com or call 603-5411.
- NEW GROUP FORMING ON N.E. SIDE. Preferred genre: Memoirs. Place: TBA, but probably private homes. Time: Preferably noon, but open to suggestions. Contact: Steve Kraynak at 520-329-8242 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- CAMPBELL AVENUE WRITERS: Meets twice monthly on Wednesday evenings from 6:00 p.m. until ??? at the Casa Molina Restaurant on Campbell, south of Fort Lowell. This is a Children's lit, middle grade, and YA critique group. They are currently looking for one more member. Contact: Robert Hunton at email@example.com
- ECLECTiC WRITERS: Meets on the West side of Tucson, Mondays from 7 to 9p.m. at a private home near Grant and Silverbell. Open to all genres. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org, 520-797-6614 or SRIVASTAVA2@COX.NET, 520-468-5351
- U.A.W. WRITING GROUP: Meets every other week in private homes in Central and East Tucson. All genres. Contact Rita Robinson Brown (Currently closed to new members).
- "Border Girls writing group" to meet on Tuesday July 19, at 6:00 P.M. and then twice a month there after. Meetings to be held in the Round Up Room at the Cow Palace restaurant in Amado. The meetings are to including readings and peer critiques. All genres welcome. For info and reservations (no charge), please call Valerie at 398-9450 or e-mail: email@example.com
- GREEN VALLEY WRITERS FORUM: meets from 1:15 p.m.—to 3:15 p.m. on the first three Thursdays of each month at the Conrad Joyner (Green Valley Branch) Library. We are not a writing class. We provide a forum for manuscript critique to writers. Members of the GVWF strive to support current members in their efforts to craft fiction, non-fiction, memoirs, poetry, and screenplays through discussion, critique, and market tips. There are no dues or officers, only a Facilitator. We encourage new Members from all writing levels. A roster of names, phone numbers, and e-mail addresses is available to our members.
New members welcome. Contact: Archie Hoagland at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 399-2377.
- North Scottsdale, Carefree, Cave Creek, Arizona writer's group forming. All genres welcome.
Contact: Marilyn Kennedy at email@example.com or call 602-339-1029
- Professional Writers of Prescott, meets the 4th Wednesday of each month beginning at 6:00 p.m. at the Founders Room of the Prescott Public Library, 215 E. Goodwin Street, Prescott, Arizona. Contact: Ms. Leslie Holt at firstname.lastname@example.org or (928) 445-4218, or visit their website at www.prescottwriters.com
- TOMBSTONE WRITERS: All genres welcome. Currently looking for new members in the Tombstone and Sierra Vista areas. Scheduling can be flexible. Contact: Karen Troncale at email@example.com or phone (520)457-3767.
- THE HASSAYAMPA WRITERS' CLUB,is always looking for new members in all genres, beginners to published. Meets the Second Sunday of each month at 1:30 pm at the Wickenburg Art Club at 188 South Tegner Street in Wickenburg, Arizona 85332. For more information go to www.hassayampawriters.org, or contact Kaye Hucklerberry, President, at firstname.lastname@example.org (928)685-4596 or John W. Durham, Secretary, at (928)684-4510 or email@example.com