Short Story - 2,500 words max
Personal Essay/Memoir - 2,500 words max
Poetry - 40 lines max
Prizes Awarded In Each Category:
Honorable mentions: $25
1st place through Honorable Mention winning
stories printed in The Story Teller
Commendation - (non-monetary)only author's name and
submission title will be printed in The Story Teller
All entries will receive judge's comments!
Mail entry form + 3 copies of each entry to: SSA 2015 Writing Contest, P.O. Box 1928, Green Valley, AZ 85622
This contest does NOT accept e-mail submissions.
Late entries will be returned unopened. Be sure your entry is post marked no later than September 30, 2016.
For confirmation of receipt of entry, make sure we can read your e-mail address.
You need not attend the Awards Luncheon to receive your award.
ENTRY REQUIREMENTS/CONTEST RULES
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY TO AVOID DISQUALIFICATION
- "Entry" means one individual piece of work. Include three (3) copies of each entry with your entry form.
- Multiple entries are accepted. Each entry must be accompanied by an official entry forms (copies are okay) and $15. You may send one check or money order to cover all entries.
- Entries must be double-spaced on one side of white, 8 1/2" x 11" (or A4 or similar) typing or copy paper, with one-inch margins, using 12-point Times New Roman or Courier font, in black ink only. Poetry stanzas may be single-spaced.
- The title of the submission must be in the upper left-hand corner of every page.
- Consecutive page numbers must be in the upper right-hand corner of every page.
- The total word count (strictly observed) of each entry must be in the upper right-hand corner of page 1 only.
- DO NOT put your name on any part of the manuscript. DO NOT include a cover sheet.
- DO NOT include artwork of any kind.
- Staple the pages of each copy of each entry. DO NOT use paper clips.
- Entries must be postmarked on or before September 30, 2016. Entries post marked later than September 30, 2016 will be disqualified and returned to sender unopened.
- Use regular mail. Certified or Special Delivery mail will be returned to the sender unopened.
- All entries must be your original work and previously unpublished. NO simultaneous submissions.
- Entries will not be returned.
WINNERS WILL BE ANNOUNCED AT THE November 20, 2016 AWARDS FORUM.
Winners will be notified by October 31, 2016. If you have not been notified that you are a winner, you may market your entry elsewhere. All winning entries will be published in the 2016 edition of SSA's The Story Teller.
After November 20, 2016, the names of all winners and the titles of their entries will be posted on the SSA Website.
For more information,
please email email@example.com
Entry forms can be printed from the link below.
Additional forms are also available by clicking below or sending a stamped,
self-addressed envelope to SSA Writing Contest Entry Forms,
P.O. Box 1928, Green Valley, AZ 85622.